One of the best things we can do for our overall health and wellbeing is to take a time for ourselves every day.
It doesn't have to be much, it can be as simple as establishing a few self-care rituals allowing us to slow down, to find stillness and to nourish our body and mind.
You can pick your favourite ones and start including them into your daily routine!
As you wake up, take a few breaths enjoying stillness before starting the day.
1. Diffuser: Choose your favourite energy boosting essential oil and add it to your diffuser before reaching out to your morning coffee. Some of the best essential oils to diffuse in the morning to energise and clear the mind are Peppermint, Lemon, Rosemary, Black Pepper, Grapefruit, Basil & Tangerine. You can make your own blend depending on your mood of the day or use our Energy Blend.
2. Shower: If you like to have a shower in the morning, you can sprinkle 2-3 drops of your favourite essential oil or blend and enjoy the soothing and energising effects of steam inhalation. It is a wonderful ritual to warm up and invigorate during the cold winter mornings. Sinus Clear is a great to clear the lungs and uplift mood.
3. Perfume: If you like to wear perfume, you can make your own using your favourite essential oils mixed with a carrier oil. Here is how to make your own natural perfume.
4. Quick fix: Mix 1 drop of Peppermint in 5ml of carrier oil and apply to the back of your neck to freshen up and awaken the senses before carrying on with the day.
Take time to stop, look out and take a few deep breaths. If you work at a computer, stand up for a stretch or make a cup of tea. If you are standing, take a minute to sit down and relax. Make sure you make time for a lunch break. Eating mindfully is one of the most nourishing practices we can do for ourselves.
5. Portable diffuser: Whenever you take these little breaks throughout the day, you can diffuse Sweet Orange, Frankincense or Ylang Ylang to help calm the mind. Diffuse Rosemary, May Chang, Peppermint or Basil to increase focus and concentration. You can use a portable diffuser or simply add a couple of drops in the palms of your hands and inhale.
6. Rollerball: To beat the 3pm slump, you can apply our Clarity & Focus rollerball or Sinus Clear rollerball to wrists and back of the neck to reduce stress, encourage creativity or uplift mood. You can also make you own essential oil blends in a rollerball to carry with you throughout the day.
7. Diffuser: Evenings are a great time to relax and unwind. Pick your favourite essential oils and diffuse in the lounge room or bedroom after dinner. Some of the best essential oils to diffuse at nigh time are: Lavender, Frankincense, Cedarwood, Marjoram, Ylang Ylang, Chamomile and Neroli.
Turn off your phone, computer and TV at least 30 minutes before going to bed. This will help your body and mind to prepare for sleep. Dim the lights and choose how you would like to spend the rest of the night. You can make a hot cup of tea and have a relaxing chat with your loved one, you can read a book or a magazine, write in a journal or listen to relaxing music.
8. Bath: If you are having a shower or a bath you can add a few drops of your favourite essential oil to help calm the mind, release tension and prepare for sleep.
9. Skincare ritual: Mix 1 drop of Lavender and 1 drop of Frankincense with Jojoba oiland apply to face as a moisturiser. This is a beautiful and luxurious ritual that will help regenerate, tone and hydrate the skin throughout the night. You can also mix jojoba oil with a few drops of your desired essential oil for a soothing overall body moisturiser.
10. Foot soak: If you have dry, cracked, heavy or aching feet, you can treat yourself to a foot soak. Add 2 drops of either Lavender, Eucalyptus, Chamomile or Peppermint to a bowl of warm water. Submerge your feet and let them soak for 15min. It feels amazing!
11. Quick fix: Add 1 drop of Lavender essential oil to your pillow to help sleep. You can also add a couple fo drops to the washing machine when cleaning your bed sheets.
12. Rollerball: When are you ready to go to bed, you can apply the Sleep rollerball or your own blend to your wrists and back of the neck to soothe the mind and improve the quality of your sleep.
One of the best ways to learn more about how aromatherapy can enhance your wellbeing is through our Wellbeing Ritual Boxes.
These boxes give you everything you need to create a nourishing and soothing self-care ritual every season.
Each product included in the box has been carefully handpicked guided by the knowledge and wisdom of a qualified aromatherapist.
In light of this year's International Women's Day campaign theme #BalanceforBetter, we hope to inspire women to live and chase their dreams. Being a female-founded business, we want to highlight the importance of balance in the world. We need each other, regardless of our gender, to make the world a better place. We asked three inspiring women close to our heart a few questions about life & womanhood. This is what they had to say.