Essential oils have a wide range of therapeutic benefits that can benefit everyone. Predominantly used by women, essential oils can be overlooked by men. Smell preferences are very personal and some scents might be more appealing than others depending on your own life experience. All essential oils are beneficial, however, we have found those essential oils to be the most appreciated by men due to their scent. Men tend to prefer woody, earthy and citrusy smells. We’ve compiled a list of our top 10 essential oils for men and how to use them.
How men can use essential oils
- Diffuse: The easiest way to use essential oils. We find most men enjoy an invigorating and refreshing aroma in the morning or while working and a calming scent at night to help with sleep.Even easier than our ultrasonic diffuser is ou Nebulizing diffuser - no water needed. Just press the on button.
- Inhaling from the bottle: Too lazy to put the diffuser on? Inhale straight from the bottle for a quick fix whether it is to help boost concentration or energy or to help ease stress.
- Muscle blend: Most men will enjoy the soothing effect of essential oils on their skin and sore muscles. Mix appropriate essential oils with a carrier oil or use our muscle blend and massage into aching body.
- Face moisturiser: Not every men takes good care of their skin but the ones that do will enjoy adding 1-2 drops of essential oils to their face moisturiser for scent and benefits.
- Hair Care: From dandruff to hair loss, essential oils have properties to help look after your hair. Add a few drops to your shampoo to boost benefits.Our recommendations are rosemary and cedarwood.
- Bath: For those few times per year when you choose to enjoy a bath, add in some relaxing essential oils to ease muscles and relax combined with epsom salts.
- Shower: Everyone loves the smell of essential oils in the shower! Simply add 3 drops to the corner of the shower and enjoy steam inhalation.
- Deodorant: Add a drop to your stinky shoes or gym bag to help clear odours.
Top 10 Essential Oils for Men
Not sure which essential oil to start with? We've put together a list of the 10 vest essential oils for men.