Supplier Code of Conduct
ECO. Modern Essentials Supplier Code of Conduct
ECO. Modern Essentials aims to deliver quality natural products and encourage a way of living grounded in respect for nature, connection to our environment and self-care. We are committed to the sustainable and ethical sourcing of all raw materials and finished products, and we expect the same from our suppliers and partners.
This code highlights the basic requirements and expectations when working with our suppliers in the areas of ethics, labour and human rights, environmental protection and sustainability and compliance.
We expect all suppliers to be familiar with and comply with our code of conduct. In the case where the supplier is unable to comply with one of the requirements, they should make ECO. Modern Essentials aware immediately.
Suppliers are expected to exercise transparency across their entire operations while adhering to local and international laws. We expect all suppliers to operate with confidentiality and do not disclose any sensitive information to other clients or competitors.
Labour & Human Rights
Suppliers are an inherent part of the community and provide fair work opportunities and compensation. Suppliers must not engage in bribery, slavery, child labour or exploitative activities.
Suppliers must be proactive in ensuring the proper management and disposal of waste working with local government services and policies. Precautions must be taken when storing, transporting and disposing of hazardous products to ensure no intentional damage to the natural environment. Where possible, suppliers should engage in energy efficient practices, optimal water usage and sustainable natural resource management. Suppliers should do their best to ensure minimal impact on the local biodiversity and natural environment.
Suppliers must comply with ECO. Modern Essentials sustainability practices across production, packaging and transport. Suppliers must agree to:
1) Finished products must be manufactured with minimal use of plastic and hazardous materials where possible. If any products contain plastic or hazardous materials without prior disclosure, this must be communicated to ECO. Modern Essentials before any orders are confirmed
2) Use recycled materials where possible and ensure all product packaging is recyclable in commercial facilities
3) Use water based glue and soy based inks OR an eco-friendly equivalent for all product packaging
4) Avoid the use of plastic in all components of the product outer packaging (including invisible plastic lining)
5) Ensure all shipments to ECO. Modern Essentials are carried out without any plastic
6) Avoid unnecessary print collateral such as instruction booklets unless advised
ECO. products are defined by quality and transparency. Our entire product range is PETA approved Vegan & Cruelty free as well as Palm oil free, Paraben free and SLS free. We expect all suppliers to comply with these standards and promptly advise ECO. Modern Essentials of any breeches. ALL products must not undergo any animal testing. A complete list of ingredients or materials used should be provided to ECO. Modern Essentials to ensure compliance as well as any certifications such as TGA, FSC, Certified Organic, Vegan, Cruelty Free, Fair Trade, etc.